2014/06/27

The Shower Moisture Duo



The shower may not be the place that comes to mind when you think of moisturizing the body, but if you're like me in the sense that you're too lazy to properly rub it body lotion everyday, then every bit of extra moisture that you get in the shower counts. The market has really been catering to the lotion-lazy club as of late, and there are so many body washes and etc that claim to boost moisture. Here are my two picks for some serious shower moisture action.

 The Dove Deep Moiture Nourishing Body Wash is my go-to body wash because it doesn't strip my skin at all, and actually does provide some much needed moisture. It contains nourishing plant oils such as soybean oil and sunflower seed oil, but doesn't leave any kind of greasy residue. It feels very gentle on the skin, and has a nice fresh scent to it. I like to lather up this body wash with any old loofah. It really works up into a dense, sort of creamy foam, which does a great job at cleaning my body, but also leaves my skin feeling so smooth.

To further amp up in moisture, I've been using the Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. You basically use this body conditioner as you would a hair conditioner. After I wash my body with the Dove body wash, I turn off the shower head, scoop some dollops of this body conditioner out of the pot, and rub it all over my wet body, really working it into the dry bits. The key to this product is that when you go to rinse it off, you really have to make it a quick rinse. Like, as quick as you can make it, or you will just be washing all  that moisture down the drain. The first time I tried this product, I got a little bit too comfortable in the warm water when rinsing off, and didn't see any effect afterwards. If you make it a quick rinse and lightly pat dry with a towel, your skin will feel smooth and soft, but with no oily residue left behind. I have to say though, I'm really not a fan of the scent, as it's just way too rich for me. But the scent doesn't really linger, so I just deal with it, and I believe Lush is coming out with a new tropical scented body conditioner soon, so be sure to check that out. Also, you have to use quite a bit of product to cover your whole body, and for $33, this is not really a large pot. I'm sure there are more cost effective drugstore versions of a body conditioner, so be sure to let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions.

What are you favourite shower moisture products?

2 comments:

  1. I really love Dove body washes! My current favorite are the new Purely Pampering Creamy body washes. They are super creamy and rich which is great for dry skin. They also smell luxurious.


    I know Nivea has an in shower body conditioner, but it's only available in the UK and Australia.


    Thanks for sharing your shower favorites. I really enjoyed reading this post.


    Cheers,
    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will definitely check out the Nivea body conditioner when I run out of my Lush one then! I often find UK only brands/products in stores here in Canada so you never know.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin