2014/06/13

In a League of its Own: Biotherm Aquasource


If you are on the hunt for a new summer moisturizer, look no further than the Biotherm Aquasource Deep Hydration Replenishing Gel. It's really been a while since I've liked a moisturizer enough to finish the whole tub, but I've already completely used up one tub of Biotherm Aquasource, bought a new one, and bought a back up, just in case. In case you can't tell, I've got a serious love affair going on with this moisturizer.

I was first introduced to this product by one of my favourite beauty bloggers, Igisele, who has absolutely gorgeous skin. She said that back in her acne-prone days, this moisturizer really saved her face by providing lots of hydration yet not making the skin oily at all. That sounded like just about the perfect thing for my combination, acne-prone skin, and I wonder why it took me so long to finally purchase this product.

As you can see in the picture above, this moisturizer comes as a light green gel. Biotherm is known for using marine algae and plankton ingredients in their skincare, and I personally really love algae ingredients in skincare. We're beginning to see more and more algae ingredients in high-tech brands such as Algenist, and I think that this field definitely has a lot of potential. Somehow, and I don't know how this product does it, I find this moisturizer to be lightweight enough to use in the morning under makeup, yet hydrating enough to use at night, depending on the amount you apply. Once the moisturizer sets and sinks in, my skin always looks visibly more plumped, yet it feels kind of matte to the touch. Over the course of the day, I find that my t-zone gets less oily as well.

This moisturizer is paraben free and mineral oil free. It really calms and soothes my very sensitive skin, and does not break me out at all. The scent of it is pleasantly green (like when perfume has green notes?), and really gives a bit of luxury to the whole experience. While it is perfectly lightweight for the summer, I imagine that this moisturizer will be hydrating enough to use during the cold winter months as well. At $47 for a 50mL tub, this moisturizer lasted me about a month when used both morning and night. It's definitely not a cheap product, but I really like to just go to town with slathering my skin in this, so if you use it a bit more sparingly, I imagine it could last you much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin