2014/06/09

Hero Products

With all the skincare products that are available to us today, it's often difficult to find the ones that really work. Do you ever have those times when products just don't live up to their claims, and you begin to wonder whether this whole "skincare" thing is really doing anything or if it's just all in your head? I often have these existential crises, but eventually, I come across a product that is so effective and so much excels in its category that it restores all my hope and passion in skincare. These are my Hero Products, and I'm going to share two of them with you today.

The first was an impulse buy that I didn't really have any high hopes for. I'd seen the Jurlique range in Sephora many times, but was always turned off by how small the bottles were and how little amount of product you must be getting for the high price. In actuality, the Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Restorative Treatment Serum houses a pretty standard 30mL amount of product, just without a bunch of excess packaging. As the name would suggest, this serum is targeted towards redness, and boy does it do a good job at that! I apply this serum in the morning before moisturizer, because it really does get rid of all the excess redness in my skin and allow me to apply less makeup on top. Due to the reduced redness, the hyperpigmentation of my acne scars look much less obvious as well. This serum comes out as an amber-coloured gel. I like to apply it quite liberally, so I take 3 pumps over my entire face and neck. The serum is also quite hydrating, and calendula, cucumber, and chamomile extracts soothe sensitive or irritated skin. The only complaint I would have is that there is no way to tell when the product is going to run out, but I have been using it every morning and some nights for about a month now, and it is still going strong. I would definitely recommend this to those who suffer from redness, or anyone looking for an all-around great serum for sensitive skin.

The Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask is really in a category of its own. I'm obsessed with face masks, but don't have anything else quite like it. This mask is targeted towards spots and blemishes, but comes out in a rich cream texture, which most people would probably avoid for acne-prone skin. But trust me, it really works so well. The mask contains manuka honey, which is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. Manuka honey is very effective in treating blemishes - I have a jar of manuka honey from my local organic market that I like to dab directly onto any big, angry spots I get. Whenever I feel like I'm about to have an outbreak of spots, I apply this mask, and it either stops them from erupting or make existing spots go down much faster. It's also very nourishing, so my skin always feels nice and soft after I wash it off.

What are your hero products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin