2014/03/20

Orange is the New Red (Lip)






















During the winter, I was suddenly possessed with the frantic need to purchase orange lip products and have been accumulating products ever since. Now that we're nearing spring, I'm starting to notice that orange lips are very in. They've been popping up all over the runway, even more so than the darling of makeup artistry - red lips. The orange lip look has been popular among Korean girls for a while now, and I can really see why. Although I adore the look of a good red lip, I've always felt that red lips look a bit harsh on me. Orange lips really complement yellow undertoned skin, and just bring a sort of brightness to the whole face.

I have two orange lip products that I've been reaching for almost everyday. The first one is the Benefit Cha Cha Tint. The product looks neon orange in the bottle, but sheers out to a beautiful finish on the lips. It can also be used on the cheeks as blush, although I have yet to try that out. This product is more of a lip stain, so it doesn't provide any shine to the lips, but the colour is very long lasting. I like to dot it on the lips, blend out with a small brush, and build up in thin layers until I get the intensity that I want. I find that the colour lasts a lot longer if blended out with fingers instead of a brush, however the product will stain your fingers and you will be walking around with a single orange finger for the better half of the day. And no, it doesn't even wash out with soap and a good scrubbing.

The second product is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous. This is one of those chubby lip crayon type products. It feels kind of like a balm, but I don't find it particularly moisturizing and it can cling to dry patches, so be sure to moisturize well beforehand. It's not so much a lip stain as it is a lip tint, since the colour does rub off onto the edge of my tea mug and definitely does not last as long as the Benefit Cha Cha tint. However, the Revlon has a nice sheen to it that the Benefit doesn't have. It comes off sheer on the first coat but can look a lot more vibrant than the Benefit Cha Cha tint after just two or three coats.

Are you going to try the orange lip trend this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin