2014/03/03

February Empties
























It would seem that February being a short month did not stop me from accumulating a stash of skincare empties. Up this month is four beautiful products that I'm quite excited to talk about, so let's get right to it.

The Avene Thermal Spring Water is a product that comes up regularly on this blog and that I have repurchased many times. Yes, it does seem like you're just buying water in a spray can, and I was very skeptical at first as well, but let me just tell you that the Avene really does work for reducing redness and calming sensitive skin.  I like to spray a bit of this on before I cleanse my face to prep and soften my skin, after I cleanse my face to neutralize the effects of unwanted impurities in tap water, and under face masks for an extra boost of redness relief.

The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser comes with a funny anecdote. I had gone into Sephora looking to try out the Philosophy Purity Cleanser, but was cornered by a very sassy male associate trying to sell me the Fresh cleanser whose marketing technique was just sticking his face about an inch from mine and saying "Touch my face. Just touch my face and you will change your mind." Well I did touch his face, and it was indeed very soft and smooth, so I bought the cleanser. This cleanser turned out to be possibly my favourite cleanser of all time and I have repurchased it on several occasions. It's a gel cleanser that is packed with great skin ingredients like soy extract, amino acids, rose water and cucumber extract. After cleansing with this, my skin always feels very smooth and balanced. It doesn't dry out the skin at all, so I reckon it would be great for all skin types. Highly, highly recommend.

I was absolutely obsessed with the Sibu Daytime Facial Cream over the summer but haven't actually used it as much recently, just because I do like to experiment with new products. It's a really simple, no-fuss moisturizer that absorbs effortlessly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy at all. It claims to be 100% natural and seems to pack some really great ingredients, so this would be great for those who prefer to go more natural on their skin. A really great choice for those days when you're just not sure what to do with your skin.

I'm sure we all read Caroline Hirons's blog so the Indeed Labs Hydraluron Serum should be a pretty familiar face. While I do read Caroline Hirons's blog regularly, my skin doesn't seem to tolerate her skin philosophy very well, so a lot of her recommendations are really hit-and-miss for me. For those who don't know, Hydraluron is a hydrating serum that contains hyaluronic acid, which helps draw moisture to the skin. The product is a clear gel that works best when applied over slightly wet skin. While I obviously enjoyed the product enough to finish the tube, I wasn't exactly wow'ed by it, and would prefer my Caudalie SOS Thirst Quenching Serum any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin