2014/06/23

A Standout Spot Treatment, Finally!

I feel like spot treatments are a category of skincare that I'm just consistently underwhelmed by. Most products maybe shorten the healing time of a blemish from 7 days to 5 days or something like that, but is it really worth the effort? We're all busy people in a busy world and I am always looking for that spot treatment that will give me instant results, and this week, I think I've finally found it.

To be honest, I really didn't expect the DermaMed Acne Prone Skin Gel to work as well as it does. I live near an organic grocery store, so I picked this little pot up on a whim. DermaMed is a natural skincare brand, and the ingredients list for this product is a very short and simple list. I'll list them down below:

Ingredients: Water, aloe vera gel, viola tricolor extract, tea tree essential oil, rose hip oil, vitamins A and E, grapefruit seed extract (natural preservative)

Well isn't that just about the shortest ingredients list for a skincare product ever. I wanted to give this product a try because it's a blend of anti-inflammatory(tea tree), soothing/redness reducing (aloe vera gel), and healing (rose hip oil and vitamin E) ingredients, so it's helping skin heal and also reducing any scarring that might occur.



The product comes in an opaque jar and has a light cream texture that smells, unsurprisingly, of tea tree oil. I was going through a pretty bad bout of breakouts all over my cheeks when I first tried it. Immediately, I noticed a significant decrease in redness on all the areas I applied it to, which I've never really seen happen before. The product does absorb and dry, which I like because it won't rub onto my pillows at night, so I kept reapplying throughout the night just for good measure. The next morning when I washed my face, I noticed that all of my blemishes had significantly decreased in size and redness. The small ones basically vanished overnight. I also had a huge red lump that had come to a head the previous night (TMI?), so I popped it and applied this cream on top, and it was almost completely gone as well.

 Honestly, this is probably the first time a spot treatment has given me immediate results, and I'm so impressed. And believe me, I've tried my fair share of spot treatments throughout the years. Hopefully it will continue to give me good results. If you also struggle with finding an effective spot treatment, definitely give this little gem a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin